Less Work, More Play!
Workshop Hero™, the consumer division of Armor Protective Packaging®, is a cutting-edge line of rust preventative and rust removal products designed to take the “work” out of workshop! Workshop Hero™ products Metal Rescue™ Rust Remover Bath and Dry Coat™ Rust Preventative are clean, safe, easy to use and are built on ARMOR’s foundation of more than 35-year history in providing expert corrosion management products and services to Fortune 500™ companies all over the world. Whether your workshop is a garage, a potting shed or a workbench in your “man cave”, the Workshop Hero™ line of products will take the “work” out of your workshop!
METAL RESCUE™ RUST REMOVER BATH
Metal Rescue™ Rust Remover Bath is your clean, safe and easy solution to removing rust from iron and steel. When we say “safe on everything except rust” we mean it! Metal Rescue™ Rust Remover Bath will take rust off the most heavily corroded metal parts, yet is safe enough that you can put your bare hands into it. Just soak, check and rinse/dry. It’s that simple!
- Easy to use, virtually no labor involved (no scrubbing, no dipping, no brushing or other agitation)
- Just soak the part in a plastic container for 5 mins – 24 hrs depending on the severity of the rust
- SAFE: no acids, no caustics, no health risks, non-toxic, safe on skin
- Environmentally Friendly: Safe for drains or sewer systems (check local laws for compliance)
- Cost Effective: Most efficient, easiest and safest way to remove rust
- Does not compromise any mechanical properties or functionality of metal
- Valued ARMOR brand is a trusted name that means reliability and confidence
- Can be used in conjunction with other ARMOR corrosion inhibiting products
- Product is available for immediate use upon removing from liquid
- After de-rusting, place part inside an ARMOR VCI® products for shipping or storage or protect with Dry Coat™ Rust Preventative spray
DRY COAT™ RUST PREVENTATIVE
Dry Coat™ Rust Preventative is a water-based liquid RP for ferrous metals. This water-based product is a significant advancement in corrosion prevention technology that replaces solvent and oil-based corrosion inhibitors. Once applied, the clear protective coating will dry-to-touch within 30 minutes at ambient conditions. It does not attract dirt or dust on metal parts such as other sticky or tacky products. It is non-hazardous and easily washes off using mild detergents or common metal cleaning solutions. Dry Coat™ is safe to use on ferrous metals, stainless steel and will not harm most elastomers or plastics.
- Dries to the touch-no sticky, messy liquids to clean up
- Read to use product keeps parts clean and free from corrosion
- Displaces water and oil from metal surfaces
- Saves time and money compared to other wrapping methods
- Replaces hazardous oils, flammable solvents, sticky RPs
- Formulation is non-toxic, VOC free and environmentally friendly
- Removes easily, if needed, with mild detergents or cleaners
- Can be applied by dip, spray or flowcoating
- Ideal for small parts in large quantities such as nuts and bolts, fasteners, or hardware
- Works well for export equipment or machinery
- Gears, pipes, flanges, cast iron, ferrous metals
- Odd shaped parts that cannot be placed into a bag or wrapped with paper
- Provides indoor protection up to one year (not recommended for outdoor use unless combined with other ARMOR VCI products that contain VCI and UV inhibitors)
Frank Fritz, American Picker, Picks Workshop Hero Products
Workshop Hero™ teamed up with celebrity Frank Fritz from HISTORY®’s hit TV series American Pickers to serve as its spokesman. Fritz is no stranger to rust. As a picker by trade, he sees first-hand the damage and loss that results from rust and corrosion. This makes Fritz the ideal spokesman to promote the features and benefits of Workshop Hero™ rust removal and rust preventative products.
Fritz became a fan of the Workshop Hero™’s Metal Rescue™ and Dry Coat™ after using the products in his own workshop. “I used Metal Rescue™ Rust Remover Bath on several items I picked while on the road with American Pickers—rusty toys, an oil can and a couple of motorcycle chrome fenders. I was blown away by how well it removed the rust while at the same time leaving the paint and finishes undisturbed. I was hooked.”
Fritz’s background in antique collection and restoration is extensive. What started as a childhood hobby collecting rocks and beer cans blossomed into his current occupation as full-time picker. A native of Iowa, Fritz spent many years working as a fire and safety inspector and motorcycle safety instructor but he always indulged his passion for antiques and picking in his spare time. Fritz left his job, took to the road with Mike Wolfe, and on January 18, 2010, American Pickers made its television debut. As the co-host of American Pickers, Fritz travels America in search of vintage “treasures.” Among his favorite finds are old toys, signs, cars and motorcycles.
“Frank’s love of vintage motorcycles is another connection we share,” explained David Yancho, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Workshop Hero™. “While Metal Rescue™ and Dry Coat™ are excellent products for home owners, auto restoration, and fishing/hunting/camping enthusiasts, we have a large customer base made up of bikers-especially when it comes to de-rusting gas tanks and chrome pieces. Frank walks the walk and talks the talk of rust removal for motorcycles and for all of our markets. It’s a match made in heaven.”