Dual-Benefit Rust Prevention
VCI film protects metal from rust and corrosion in two ways — it serves as a physical barrier against moisture, dust or contaminants, and as a rust-eradicating corrosion inhibitor. VCI film can be manufactured in many forms including rolls, sheets, bags or tubing and it is an easy-to-use, clean and dry packaging option for metal and metal parts.
In simplest terms, VCI film is created when linear, low density polyethylene (poly film) is impregnated with vapor corrosion inhibitor (VCI) but take note, there’s no birds-and-the-bees twist to this union — instead, the result is VCI film.
To use VCI film, place metal or metal parts in VCI film and seal — there’s no messy grease or oil to apply. Once metal/metal parts are enclosed, VCIs activate to form a layer of protection on the surface of the metal parts that displaces moisture and repels rust. Viola – it’s easy, peasy!
Armor Protective Packaging® (our friends call us Eradicators of Rust) offers a full line of ARMOR POLY® VCI film products that will knock your socks off (while preventing rust). Check them out!
- ARMOR POLY® — A Multi-functional Film for Multi-Metal Protection
- ARMOR DEFENDER™ — Tough-As-Nails Protection that Doesn’t Break the Bank
- ARMOR CRUSADER™ — A Rust-Preventing Powerhouse for the Long Haul
- ARMOR FOUNDRY™ Film — Foundry-specific Design Protects Metals from the Harsh Conditions of Foundries, Stamping Plants or Machine Shops
- ARMOR SEA Film™ — Extreme Protection for Extreme/Outdoor Conditions
- ARMOR POLY® Stretch and Banding Film — Stretch-and-Secure Rust Prevention