Be a Part of Our Award-Winning Team
At ARMOR we value our people and the service-centered culture we strive to create each day. It is the compass that ensures that ARMOR is always moving in the right direction and we look to add members to our team. One of our core values is being AuFUNtic. ARMOR looks for AuFUNtic people in our hiring process-that is, people that are authentic, fun, humble, passionate, hard-working and smart. If you possess an upbeat, can-do attitude, have exceptional people skills, have an aptitude for technical issues and are detail oriented with a self-starter attitude, ARMOR has a place for you to share your talents while you become an integral part of a company on the rise.
Our workplace culture at ARMOR fosters creativity, collaboration, loyalty and a family atmosphere. ARMOR puts culture first including our unique vintage industrial style company headquarters. ARMOR also created two special teams to assure our auFUNtic culture remains at the forefront:
- COMPASS Team: an employee morale and appreciation team helping to facilitate better relationships, live our core values and have fun at work! The COMPASS team plans a yearly company-wide outing, periodic ice cream wagons around the facility, established the “going the Extra-Mile” peer-to-peer recognition program, sponsors several fun days including “Wear Your Hat To Work” day and a Halloween costume competition, and holds “Celebrate Your Date”, a Spin-it-to-win it wheel of fortune on your anniversary date to celebrate and honor you as an employee!
- VALOR (Volunteers of ARMOR): VALOR is ARMOR’s volunteer program in which all ARMOR employees are given 24 hours of paid time off to serve and volunteer throughout the year.
Awards & Recognition
To attract the best and the brightest, we know we need to be one of the “best” and “coolest” places to work. In fact, we have been formally given both of these official titles thanks to Crain’s Detroit Business who awarded ARMOR its Cool Places to Work in Michigan (2017, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022) and Inc. Magazine who named ARMOR to its 2018 & 2019 list of Best Workplaces. We were given these lofty kudos by creating a different kind of work environment – from our unique physical building designed for work and play, to our workplace culture that fosters creativity, teamwork, and a family atmosphere, to the amazing people we employ.
ARMOR also received the 2022 John G. Thodis Michigan Manufacturer of the Year Award-Small Tier (for 200 employees or less) from the Michigan Manufacturers Association (MMA) in recognition of the important, positive and tangible contributions ARMOR has made to its workforce, its customers, its community and to the manufacturing industry. In addition to receiving the Michigan Manufacturer of the Year Award, ARMOR was lauded as the first company to ever receive the MMA’s “triple threat” of award nominations. ARMOR was chosen as s a finalist for three different MMA awards by three different independent panels of judges — which, according to the MMA, was unprecedented.
Why Work at ARMOR
Our company is filled with extraordinary people doing extraordinary things and they don’t need a stage to prove it. Instead, they work outside of the spotlight doing what they do best – for our company and our customers. Whether filling orders, community volunteering or playing air guitar, – ARMOR employees are different because ARMOR is different.
The ARMOR team is knowledgeable and hardworking, but just as important they are approachable, authentic and “real.” In fact, we came up with our own word to describe what we mean — AuFUNtic. We want and encourage our employees to be the same people at work that they are at home – fun, responsive and genuine. Try Googling auFUNtic and the results will show that ARMOR and auFUNtic are one in the same.
If you think you have the chops, maybe it’s time you join a different kind of company.
Howell, MI USA
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Floater / Operate converting equipment as needed to meet customer orders.
- Monitor daily workflow and control workloads of production employees to ensure smooth operation, and timely delivery.
- Adjust schedules for emergency / rush orders.
- Ensure compliance with approved company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations. Reports possible safety hazards or problems to management immediately.
- Monitor inventory of paper and production supplies.
- Provide assistance and instruction as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Oversee processes for quality standards and work performance of production employees.
- Verify production orders for accuracy, process on converting equipment, and package orders to meet required specifications.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Help with monthly inventory.